GlobalViewer® Enterprise - GVE software simplifies AV system resource management with intuitive control for hundreds of common AV tasks. Whether you're working with 5 or 5000 rooms, GVE provides a powerful, flexible way to manage, monitor, and control nearly any device over a standard network. Support teams will appreciate the agility and flexibility GVE provides to access usage data, create reports, and control the system from any computer on the network. The Help Desk view offers a look at the entire enterprise in a single window and access to detailed room data and control with just a click of a mouse.
Enterprise-Wide Scheduling and Monitoring
GVE simplifies system management across the enterprise through global schedules and conditional monitors. Support teams can schedule system actions and proactively monitor the status of AV equipment based on location, a specific device type, or all devices. These tools help provide significant time and cost savings.
Easy-to-Navigate Help Desk View
The Help Desk view provides a balance between power and usability. Users can drill down to individual rooms within the location tree that is created using the simplicity of drag-and-drop, and easily manage each system with multiple tools, such as Room Control, Device Control/Status, IP camera, and Calendar. In addition, interactive representations of MediaLink, MediaLink Plus, IP Link, IP Link Pro, TouchLink®, TouchLink Pro, and eBUS® products allow intuitive control and visual confirmation of system status. To streamline operations for support teams, an Event Alert List - EAL within the Help Desk view offers notifications related to configuration import/re-import status, devices, and controllers. These notifications and event logs add an extra level of insight into system monitoring.
Building Smarter Room with RoomAware Technology
Extron RoomAware™ Technology is a suite of time-saving features that anticipate user needs and intelligently deliver room automation and control across the enterprise. RoomAware enables smart connections between Extron devices and services to save valuable time by preparing the room for the participant prior to their arrival.
Valuable AV Data Management
GlobalViewer Enterprise includes a SQL-based data repository for logging device and room data. This data is gathered for valuable management reports covering network connections, device usage, and AV equipment inventory. These reports can be exported and help you slice data in effective ways for maintaining inventory lists, tracking and analyzing device and room usage, and proactively planning maintenance activities to reduce system downtime.
Facility Scheduling System Integration
GlobalViewer Enterprise supports seamless integration with Microsoft Outlook® via Microsoft Exchange® and Office 365, or several of the other popular facility scheduling applications, allowing instant access to room availability and the power to schedule meetings, enhance room usage reports, and even override scheduled display shut-offs automatically.
Multiple User Roles and Permissions
In applications where multiple user roles are necessary, GVE simplifies access control through Active Directory integration and custom role creation. GVE supports authentication using Windows credentials and allows the administrator to specify roles which determine the features each user may access. This helps maintain strong security policies while also ensuring that each user can quickly access the features they need. The number and variety of user roles that can be created is nearly unlimited.
GlobalViewer Enterprise Commissioning
As part of every GVE installation, Extron ensures a trouble-free system installation and optimal performance. Prior to installation, Extron Engineers will evaluate the server and network where GVE will be installed. They will also review and provide guidance for any existing Global Configurator® and Global Scripter® project files. Commissioning includes software installation review, project file upload assistance, final system testing, and training on GVE.
- Easily manages all of the AV devices and meeting rooms across the campus and enterprise
- Enhanced monitors and schedules based on location and device type — Create scheduled events and conditional monitors that can generate e-mail alerts, text messages, and Event Alert List notifications to inform you of the activity.
- Personalized help desk layouts — Views of the help desk can be customized by user account.
- Manage individual rooms using the room control terminal directly from the help desk — The room control terminal combines tools such as Room Control for controlling the MediaLink, MediaLink Plus, IP Link, IP Link Pro, TouchLink, TouchLink Pro, and eBUS products within the room; Device Control/Status; IP camera; and Calendar into one, easily-accessible view.
- Dynamic Event Alert List facilitates support tasks — Provides a view of system events, the condition and status of rooms and equipment, as well as action items and reminders for maintenance and technical support tasks.
- RoomAware Technology acknowledges your scheduled meeting and automatically turns on all your devices, saving precious time by preparing the room prior to your arrival
- Track and analyze device and room usage, proactively plan maintenance activities, and maintain inventory lists using customizable reports — Comprehensive set of customizable device usage, trend analysis, and inventory reports provide valuable insight into how equipment and rooms are used.
- Custom reporting tools — Customize GVE data views from each room and device by displaying specific alerts, schedules, monitors, logs, or calendar events from within common web applications you already use.
- Supports many common Web browsers — GVE is installed on a Windows server and is accessible from anywhere on the network using Internet Explorer®, Firefox®, Safari®, and Google Chrome®.
- iGVE app support — Allows on-the-go access to GVE from your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
- Drag-and-drop location organization within Tree Manager — Users can easily drag-and-drop rooms to move them within the location tree, rename location folders, and create and manage room notes.
- Seamless integration with facility scheduling software — GVE interacts with popular facility scheduling software, such as Microsoft Outlook via Microsoft Exchange, iCalendar, Google Calendar, CollegeNET R25, and 25Live, for room scheduling and availability data.
- Simplifies user and access management with support for Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP group authentication, and configurable user access — Support for Microsoft Active Directory and LDAP simplifies the administrative tasks of managing user membership, while full control of privileges for users, user groups, and roles helps maintain strong security policies.
- Extron GlobalViewer Enterprise Commissioning with every installation ensures a trouble-free system installation and optimal performance — As part of every GVE installation, Extron engineers provide comprehensive services, from a pre-installation system review to the very final steps of commissioning and training.