Extron PlenumVault Systems are complete, centralized AV switching, audio amplification, and control systems that are easy to install, use, and support. PlenumVault systems were specifically developed for classrooms with a suspended ceiling. These systems take their name from the unique PVM 220 PlenumVault Mounting Kit that securely mounts and conceals system components in the plenum space above a suspended ceiling.
Easy to Use Room Control
The MLC 104 IP Plus MediaLink® Controller included in PlenumVault Systems is designed to simplify operation of the AV system. With large, backlit buttons and a basic volume control knob, the controller is almost as easy to use as a light switch. Presenters with little or no training can learn to operate the system in a few minutes. It replaces traditional handheld IR remotes that are so easily lost or stolen, and eliminates the need for battery replacement.
Extensive Signal Support
Extron systems provide AV connectivity for the most common source and display devices, including composite video, RGB/computer video, and HDMI. Transmitters incorporate active transmission to prevent signal loss and interference, insuring optimum picture quality at the display. The systems use proven, reliable, and cost-effective CAT 5 twisted pair cable for carrying video and audio input source signals between the wallplate input and switcher. Twisted pair cable is lighter, smaller, and easier to terminate than traditional cabling.
PlenumVault Systems offer audio amplification and wide dispersion speakers for evenly distributing sound across the entire room. This provides significant improvements in sound coverage, quality, and intelligibility over running presentation audio through the projector or PC speakers.
Extron systems are designed to shut off automatically, or go into standby mode when not in use, reducing operating costs and extending the life of system components.
The controller offered with standard PlenumVault Systems features network integration technology specifically engineered to meet the needs of professional AV environments — from standard K-12 classrooms to university and corporate applications. This enables administrators and support personnel to manage, monitor, troubleshoot, and control systems over the network. These networked systems can also track and report usage, providing valuable information for future component purchases.
Plenum Systems have been designed in six standard systems to streamline the design and procurement process. These two-, three-, and four-input systems include all the necessary audio and video switching, audio amplification, system control, source connectivity, speakers, mounting hardware, and cabling for a complete classroom AV solution. All that remains is to add the video projector, projection screen, and video sources.
- PLS 200 provides one VGA computer-video and one composite video input as well as mounting plate and bracket for a ceiling mount projectors
- PLS 300 provides two VGA computer-video and one composite video input as well as mounting plate and bracket for a ceiling mount projectors
- PLS 400 provides two VGA computer-video and two composite video input as well as mounting plate and bracket for a ceiling mount projectors
- PLS 210 provides one VGA computer-video and one composite video input
- PLS 310 provides two VGA computer-video and one composite video input
- PLS 410 provides two VGA computer-video and two composite video input
Customizing PlenumVault Systems
Need different inputs, controller, speakers, or mounting? Visit the Classroom AV System Configurator to build your own system.
- Complete, centralized AV switching system with audio amplification
- Securely mounts system components in the plenum space above a suspended ceiling
- Uses CAT 5 type cable for quick and easy connections and low-cost installation
- Includes all necessary switching and mounting equipment – just add projector, sources, and screen
- Optional HDMI input enables direct connection of high-definition video sources and provides support for future technologies
- Tamper-resistant, theft-deterrent design
- Simplifies setup; no programming required
- Network connectivity for Web-based monitoring and rapid problem resolution
- Auto projector shut-off saves power and extends lamp life
- VoiceLift Microphone option - pendant and handheld wireless microphones work with PlenumVault Systems to evenly distribute the teacher’s voice throughout the room